[Propertalk] FollowTheStar this Christmas [Archbishops Justin Welby & John Sentamu]

Joe Parrish joeparrish at compuserve.com
Sat Dec 8 08:43:45 EST 2018

#FollowTheStar this Christmas

scroll down

We invite you to sign up for our daily emails to take the life-changing
Christmas journey. Each one includes a picture, a short Bible passage, a
simple prayer and an action to reflect on.

You also get access to our online family Advent calendar which has fun
activities to complete each day with family and friends throughout Advent

READ A WELCOME FROM THE ARCHBISHOPS OF CANTERBURY AND YORK

For many of us, Christmas brings up so many emotions, memories and
expectations. We have one nativity story, but it can seem like we all have
very different Christmases.

For you it might be a time of joy and togetherness. Or perhaps it's all
about planning and to-do lists.

Many others can find it a sad and lonely time - nagged by the feeling that
your Christmas is not like those 'perfect' ones we see in the media. But
just like the unexpected assortment of people who were invited to meet the
baby Jesus, #FollowTheStar doesn't ask you to be perfect.

It says: come just as you are to take the life-changing Christmas journey.
Wherever you are this Christmas, you are invited to follow the star and to
be with Jesus. You are welcome. You are deeply known and truly loved.

Mary and Joseph and all those caught up in the Christmas story were
surprised by the astonishing way that God chose to live among us.

Each Christmas we are reminded of God's longing to surprise us with his gift
of joy, love and new life. It's the greatest present we can receive and
share with others!

We pray this booklet offers a path for your journey closer to Jesus - and we
wish you every blessing this Christmas.

Archbishops Justin Welby & John Sentamu

Fill out the form below to receive the daily reflections from Christmas Eve
to Epiphany!

https://www.churchofengland.org/followthestar#na

=